Friday, May 22, 2009

Those funny little...



(the above picture shows one of my classes and an ex-pro footballer who came in to do a charity thing with the kids. As part of the charity drive, the kids got to kick a ball at the net which recorded the ball's speed on the LCD at the top. Of course, they loved it.)

On Thursday alone there was a wealth of funny things the kids said.

I gave out an assignment where the kids had to write a diary entry. They had been recording being whisked back in time to ancient Egypt for seven days. One seven-year-old beckoned me over.
“Mr. B.,” he said, “can we do more than seven days?”
“Hmmm well, why do you ask?”
“Because back in time I could make a lot of money,” he said and began to smile. “I was a moneymaker.”
“I see. OK, well how long were you thinking of?”
He stared straight ahead and his smile got bigger. “Twelve days.”
I looked around as if checking nobody could hear us and whispered, “OK, let’s do it.”
He was very happy.

Same class, same assignment: again a hand goes up. A kid asks me to look over his diary which says: “This land was boring…just like my wife!”
His eyes went huge and he had to put a hand over his mouth to stop laughing.

Different class, same school. Kids were asked how to prove different pictures were either plants or animals. Common answers included: “This has wings, so it is an animal. This has roots, so it is a plant.”

In regards to a picture of an old man, one girl cheerfully wrote: “This is an animal because it’s a person, and all people are the lambs of God.”

1 comment:

  1. Those were the best stories, ever! Thanks for sharing. They made me laugh and smile.

    ReplyDelete